As we announced last week, we will be holding a webinar with a guest speaker from Google on Friday 12th August at 11am BST on “How to Take Advantage of International Currency Fluctuations”. We now have the full agenda for you and there is still plenty of time to register your place here.
Introduction (5 mins)
Ian Harris, CEO, Search Laboratory
Ian founded Search Laboratory ten years ago to cater for a gap in the market for a linguistically faithful international digital agency. Having a background in translation and localisation, Ian has helped companies such as British Airways and IBM expand online.
Ian will introduce our key speakers and set the scene. Following on from the UK’s decision to leave the EU, now could be the optimal time to take your business international or expand into further markets.
International digital opportunities (20 mins)
Andres Valencia, Account Strategist, Google
Andres is responsible for managing and growing a £15 million p.a. portfolio by consulting clients and digital agencies on all aspects of their digital activity.
In Andres’ presentation, he will discuss the following points:
- Recent events have caused a digital market status quo which leaves those willing to grab international opportunities in a great position.
- Growing your business amidst uncertainty can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of international opportunities to be had.
- In the short-term, this means tackling the EU market in the two-year window before the UK leaves the EU officially.
- As a longer-term project, you can look to the US and Australia for buoyant markets with huge spending power.
- Industry-specific opportunities, which can be identified through tools such as Google’s Global Market Finder.
- Digital is King. When marketing budget is tight, digital marketing spend is a safe bet due to the level of reporting and return on investment that can easily be attributed to it.
- What we learnt from previous periods of economic uncertainty, such as the recession, and how those who embraced opportunities were successful.
- How Google’s close working relationship with Search Laboratory will open up tools and support that will be invaluable to global success.
How Search Laboratory can help (20 mins)
Pete Whitmarsh, Head of Paid Media, Search Laboratory
Pete is in charge of our PPC and programmatic teams, working on a variety of international businesses across many different sectors.
Pete’s presentation will cover the following points
- How Search Laboratory’s export expertise and services will help your international expansion plans.
- Specific market know-how regarding localisation and translation.
- Why now is the perfect time to embrace global markets.
- How we have helped multinational brands go global online (including case studies).
- What you need to do now.
Questions (15 mins)
Here you get the chance to ask any questions that may have arisen as part of the talk or raise wider international digital marketing problems you may have.
For a little more information on why we have decided to run this webinar, have a look at our previous post announcing the webinar’s launch.
We hope you can make it, sign up below to secure your place.