This is a rare opportunity to be part of something unique and exciting. Following our tremendous success as one of the UK’s leading digital agencies, here at Search Laboratory we are looking for a bright, motivated sales person to join our new translation services team. Working within the Search Laboratory Group (featured 4 times in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For), you will have the chance to be part of our new sister company’s growth and success. Being there from the start of this journey means you can play an integral role in shaping the way we do things, and share in the progression opportunities that come with a fast-growing entity.
The person we are looking for will be hungry to build new business. They will ideally have a background in the languages industry, perhaps speaking a second language themselves, and most certainly with a genuine interest in languages. We are offering an innovative and fresh approach to optimising digital content for high-profile global brands. We will offer translation and website localisation services to clients who are targeting international markets. Technical knowledge and technical sales experience are also advantageous.
- Ensure that monthly/quarterly new business appointment booking targets are met
- Identify, appraise and pursue new business opportunities in current and new industry sectors
- Establish new business relationships through contact via telephone, email, social media and direct mail to both cold and warm leads
- Attend client meetings as required
- Build up and maintain the company’s CRM database of suitable leads and potential new business contacts, ensuring all leads and contact information is accurately recorded and up to date
- Conduct suitable research of markets, clients, competing products and competitor organisations
- Request and respond to tender documents and RFIs to generate new business opportunities
- Develop robust and accurate proposal and contract documentation as required
Experience & Competencies:
- A strong work ethic and determination to succeed
- The ability to negotiate and influence
- Highly adept communication skills
- Demonstrable sales success
- Solution sales experience
- Proven track record of generating own sales leads
- Target driven motivation with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Language skills and/or experience of selling within the language services industry
- Experience dealing with a range of reputable, high-value accounts
- Educated to degree level
- Experience within a similar new business / B2B sales role
- Experience selling software, technology solutions
- Fast learner and eager to accept new challenges
You will be rewarded well for your efforts. Benefits include: free gym membership at The Edge Gym (350 yards from our modern and comfortable offices), company pension, healthcare cash plan, free drink Fridays, paid for company socials, birthday lie-ins and much more.