We’re looking for an experienced Content Specialist to join our team in Austin. The successful candidate will have proven experience in producing creative, engaging content and be a versatile writer, adapting to a range of writing styles, topics and client objectives. You would be working mainly with B2B/SaaS/Tech clients so experience or an interest in this area is necessary.
You would be creating content for websites, digital advertisements, blogs and more. You will be a self starter who is used to hitting deadlines, understanding a brief and writing in different tones of voice.
- Provide a high-quality content service for all channels and teams across the business.
- Creating content for display ads, UX and copywriting, PR and SEO
- Write content for online channels such as websites, newsletters, blogs, magazines etc., fully understanding how to optimize copy to achieve best possible traction.
- Work with channel specialists to fully understand the aim of each content project.
- Work with channel specialists to help scope out what kind of content is needed and expertly advise on the best content medium for the client by critically evaluating ideas and concepts.
- Auditing client websites to identify content opportunities
- Supporting the wider Content Team with proofing, giving feedback on each other’s work and identifying trends for content development
- Ensure that the client’s audience is at the heart of everything we produce.
- Understand and interpret client brands, identifying tone of voice and producing content that aligns with client voice and appeals to audience personas
- If brand guidelines don’t exist, liaise with the Brand Manager, channel specialists, and client to help gather a better understanding of the brand.
- Collaborate with PR team to identify strong story hooks in existing information and data; utilize new research and surveys to create effective stories.
- Expertly research information, source and interrogate data for content ideation using a variety of techniques and tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with individuals that can add value to or can contribute to content projects (obtaining interviews, quotes, expert insight).
- Amend or re-write copy to ensure consistent style (copy editing).
- Help channel managers evaluate success of content and opportunities for improvement by analysing results at the end of each content cycle.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving content creation and best practice
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience creating content
- Experience within a B2B/SaaS/Tech environment or working with these clients
- Exceptional writing, editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Expert knowledge of written and non-written content best practice
- Experience in copy editing and proofreading multiple content types – including press releases, landing pages, and blog posts
- The ability to source, analyse and interpret data to create interesting stories
- A head full of ideas and the maturity to critically evaluate them
- Detailed approach with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to plan your time effectively – we work to tight deadlines!
- Experience of using Microsoft Office is essential
- Digital knowledge would be beneficial but not essential –someone who understands how content can be used to acquire links naturally, boost rankings, increase brand awareness, and other KPIs as part of a wider SEO and digital strategy
What you will get from us
We provide our employees with a wide range of benefits. If you are interested in working in a colorful and creative environment where you are supported, offered progression opportunities and experienced people to learn from then look no further!
The office is located on 6<sup>th</sup> and Congress in the Littlefield Building. We have a private office within Common Desk – a shared work space with lots of amenities. Check out our company reviews on Glassdoor. Our Facebook page will also give you a good idea about what it’s really like to work at the Lab. We have lots of great perks, including:
- Medical insurance
- 401k plan
- 19 days paid time off, that increases with length of service
- Networking events
- Free coffee, snacks, cocktail hours and beer!
- Flexible spending account
- Employee Assistance Program with a Wellness Program, a virtual library, and access to free counselling
- Paid time off for charity work
- Birthday lie-ins
We believe in equality of opportunity and we want to attract and retain a diverse range of talent. Our ambition is to have an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. If you are interested to find out more, we would love to hear from you. Apply online or call 0113 212 1211.