Hero Conf - London - October 2015
It's been a buy time at Search Laboratory for industry events. This week alone we will be at The Festival of Marketing, Retail Week's International Expansion conference and Figaro Digital's Content Marketing Seminar.
At the end of last month we were honoured to be given a speaker slot at Hero Conf London - the conference's first time outside of the USA. Our CEO, Ian Harris, shared insights and best practice techniques on running international paid search campaigns in his talk entitled Optimum International Pay-Per-Click (PPC): Statistics vs. Linguistics.
The key takeaways from the talk were as follows:
- The UK has the largest proportion of its retail sales coming from online channels - so if you are doing things right here, you have a huge opportunity overseas
- Research before market entry is paramount
- Find out what the search landscape looks like in your target market
- Simply translating your paid search campaigns can result in huge missed opportunities
- Consider cultural differences and what sort of messages work in your target market
- Landing pages need to be localised rather than translated, taking in factors such as payment methods, seasonality and appropriateness
- Central management of multiple language campaigns creates efficiencies
- Separate statistics from linguistics
For more information on international PPC contact us on +44 113 212 1211.