We’re on the hunt for a Digital Creative Designer to join us. Reporting to our Creative Studio Manager, this person will be creating high quality engaging creative assets that will lead to maximum results for all channels and teams across the business.
Search Laboratory is a full-service digital marketing agency and we have been growing for over 15 years. Working for clients all over the world, based in our offices in Leeds, New York, and Austin, we work on exciting and clever digital marketing campaigns for a range of household names.
We’ve been featured as one of the UK’s ‘Top 1,000 Most Inspirational Companies’ and have been voted by our employees as one of the Sunday Times ‘Top 100 Companies to Work For’ (eight times… and counting!). We’re always on the lookout for the right skills and personalities to jump on board and help us continue to expand!
- Provide a high-quality digital design service for all channels and teams across the business, from concept through to delivery.
- Produce design templates and design guidelines for wider teams to use and update when necessary.
- Ensure that all creative assets are designed in a way that’s engaging, easy to consume, and are optimised for the channels, platforms, and devices that they’ll be consumed on.
- Work with project leads to fully understand the aim of each project and help with critically evaluating ideas and design concepts.
- Help scope out creative assets needed and expertly advise on the best creatives for projects whilst ensuring ideas and concepts are in line with timeframes and budgets.
- Produce a variety of high-quality creative assets that are in line with the channel best practices, the brief and the client’s brand guidelines.
- Help QA creative quality by evaluating and testing all work, ensuring that design best practices are adhered to and that all work going out is of a high standard.
- Work with channel specialists and project leads to ensure all design projects are produced within the agreed deadline and budget, proactively flagging up any potential issues before they happen.
- Help project leads evaluate success of creative assets and opportunities for improvement by analysing results at the end of each campaign.
- Participate in campaign ideation by contributing to new and relevant ideas.
- Be aware of any relevant copyright laws and proactively flag any concerns as soon as they arise.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for improving digital creative production, workflows, and processes within the creative team.
- Support with the training of new starters and wider teams to help ensure creative becomes a key part of the agency’s offering.
- Stay ahead of emerging design trends and communicate those to the creative team and business to help flag new opportunities.
- Work with departments across the business to work out timings for deadlines and quotes for projects.
- Be prepared to work flexibly across several projects at the same time, moving on and off as dictated by deadlines, sign offs etc.
- Able to manage your own time efficiently, ensuring that all deadlines are met, and stakeholders are kept informed.
- Experience of producing creative design assets for multiple digital channels.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and XD would be preferable but not essential.
- Desire to learn and understand new forms of creative.
- Detailed approach with meticulous attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of design best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tight schedules.
- Adaptability to change and responding positively to future change.
Why join Search Laboratory?
As a Search Labber, not only will you be joining a really fun and friendly bunch of people. Below are some of our fantastic benefits:
- Hybrid working (1 day in the office, 4 days flexible)
- Flexitime (Core working hours between 10am-4pm)
- 25 days starting holiday, increasing to 30 days through length of service
- Holiday purchasing scheme
- Birthday lie ins
- £150 home office allowance
- Tree planted for every new starter
- Healthcare benefits
- Family friendly policies – including enhanced maternity and paternity
- Office games room and a stylish café space
- Bi-monthly paid company socials
- Free car parking and electric car charging points
- Paid time off for volunteering/charity work
- …and many more!
If you would like to be an integral part of our ongoing success story – we would love to hear from you. You can read honest and open reviews about Search Laboratory on Glassdoor and our Facebook page will give you a really good idea about what it’s like to work at the Lab.