Search Laboratory is a multi-award-winning, digital marketing agency. We work with a range of clients on a global scale, helping brands grow internationally through building profitable integrated digital strategies. We employ and attract talent from all around the world and are proud to have made the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 8 times!
We are looking for a new Junior Data Engineer to join our growing Analytics, Data and Strategy team. You would be working closely with our Senior Data Engineer to deliver Data Engineering and Business Intelligence projects for a wide range of our amazing clients. For this role we need someone with drive, a strong interest in this area and the ability to learn.
What you can expect from the role
- You would be delivering Data Engineering and Business Intelligence projects
- Gaining insights from analysis of our clients data and following processes for development in relation to Data Engineering projects, notably around source control, deployment, testing and delivery
- You would be supporting the data insights training & development needs of the wider team and wider business as well as suggesting and introducing new technologies and methodologies appropriate to the business issues
- You would learn to understand internal and client project requirements and design solutions using Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Data Science techniques which fulfil those requirements in an effective, easy to use manner
- You would be building robust DataFlow pipelines in order to facilitate importing and cleansing data from other sources
- You would maintain and support these solutions in conjunction with the development team – resolving and fixing issues as they arise
- Helping to support the day-to-day running of the IT function within the business
- An academic or professional background demonstrating either direct experience or an aptitude to quickly develop the following skills:
- Modern practical Data Analysis/Science
- Building Machine Learning models
- Building Probabilistic/Bayesian models
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and statistical analysis theory and practice
- Experience or an aptitude for independently discovering value and actionable insights from data
- To understand new requirements from business users
- To document/explain new features once developed
- Mentoring other members of the development team
- Communicating with the wider company on any IT related issues
- Communicating with clients if required on technology related issues
What you can expect from us
We champion wellbeing and want everyone to have a great work-life balance and we believe flexible working hours are key to achieving this. Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary with performance-related pay reviews every year
- Up to 27 days holiday with the option to purchase 5 extra days at a reduced rate
- Healthcare benefits
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Company-wide paid social events
- Onsite eatery and games room
- …and many more!
If you would like to be an integral part of our ongoing success story – we would love to hear from you. You can read honest and open reviews about Search Laboratory on Glassdoor and our Facebook page will give you a really good idea about what it’s like to work at the Lab.
We believe in equality of opportunity and we want to attract and retain a diverse range of talent. Our ambition is to have an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. Apply online or call 0113 212 1211 to find out more.