Search Laboratory’s Commercial Director John Readman recently presented to a gathering of ecommerce professionals on the importance of SEO and PPC.
The Multichannel Performance Marketing event in London was organised by Internet Retailing magazine and focused on how various digital marketing methods can deliver customer profitability.
Concentrating on search engine marketing and how this is critical to online selling, John covered how SEO and PPC can make a big difference to an internet retailer’s profit margins.
Some points from John’s talk included:
- Search is a science, not an art
- That SEO is just traditional marketing done differently
- Online retail is up 16% year-on-year
- The UK is the global leader in online retail
- Search marketing is still the biggest driver of traffic to websites